Candida O. Paris has enjoyed practicing immigration law for over 25 years specializing in both employment and family-based immigration. Ms. Paris ‘ interest in immigration law stems from her fluency in several foreign languages and passion to assist foreign nationals in contributing to our nation ‘ s economy and cultural diversity.
Her business immigration clients include but are not limited to universities, Candida O. Paris Senior Associate physicians, outstanding researchers, aliens of extraordinary ability, oil and gas companies, the IT industry, and small business owners.
- Nonimmigrant classifications: B1 OCS, E-1 and E-2; E-3; H-1B, H-3, J-1, K-1, L1, TN, P, Q, O-1, and R-1
- PERM Labor Certification
- Basic process and optional special recruitment for college and university professor
- Employment-Based immigrant classifications: EB-1 extraordinary ability, and outstanding researcher; EB-2 National Interest Waivers; EB-2 and EB-3 based on PERM labor certification
- Waivers for physicians
- No objection waivers
- Family based permanent residence
- Waivers for physicians & no objection waivers
- New York Law School, Juris Doctorate
- University of Wisconsin – Madison, Bachelor of Arts, English and French
- Baccalaureat International – Lycee International de St. Germain-en-Laye, France
- Professor Lung Chu Chen Award for Excellence in the Field of Human Rights New York Law School, 1991
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Presentations at Baylor College of Medicine
- EB-1 Extraordinary Ability and EB-2 National Interest Waiver Immigrant Self Petitions
- Employment Bases Immigration Options for foreign medical graduates, researchers, and physicians
- Presentation at the University of Houston – Victoria regarding EB Green Card Process Based on PERM
- Presentation at UT Health Science Center San Antonio – “EB Options for Researchers and Physicians.”
- Presentation to HR personnel – “PERM & the LCA Process.”
- Presentation at the University of Houston to foreign engineering students regarding OPT, CPT, & NIV options
- State Bar of Texas – 2002
- State Bar of New York – 1993
- Conversational Portuguese
Candida O. Paris
Immigration Attorney in Houston
Advantages To You
It’s not what we do, it’s how we do it.
Our perspective on your international personnel allows you to maximize U.S. opportunities while mitigating operational risk.
Industry Knowledge & Practice
Our experience includes; energy, engineering, healthcare, technology, manufacturing
Our clients are from around the world, with operations throughout the U.S., but we never forget the state motto of Texas is “friendship.” Go on, Google it.
Our Core Values
Industry Experience Paired With Client Focus
1. Integrity—Honesty and trustworthiness.
2. Hardwork—We know how hard you work; we do too.
3. Cost-effectiveness—Our service meets or exceeds industry standards.
4. Creativity—What box?
5. Personal service—Texas friendly!