Karla Prieto believes the practice of law should be based on commitment, professionalism, and honesty. As a senior associate at Fong Ilagan, she has built her reputation on these principles and garnered the trust of clients from the world over.
Karla serves as an adjunct professor at the Thurgood Marshall School of Law, teaching specialized areas such as immigrant and non-immigrant visa petitions, consular practice, as well as inadmissibility and waivers for both employment and family-based immigration.
Karla was born in Houston, Texas and spent part of her childhood and teenage years living in Mexico. She returned to the United States, began working in an immigration law firm, and quickly developed an interest in the American legal system. She worked as a legal assistant while attending the University of Houston and completed her undergraduate studies at the University of Gloucestershire in England. After returning to the United States, she attended South Texas College of Law and earned her Juris Doctor degree. Karla regularly volunteers at phone banks and other community events.
Karla R. Prieto – Houston Immigration Lawyer at Fong Ilagan
Areas of Focus
- Employment-based nonimmigrant petitions including H-1B, L-1, TN, E-1, and E-2
- PERM labor certifications
- Employment-based permanent residence
- Family-based permanent residence
- Consular processing
- DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals)
- VAWA (Violence Against Women Act)
- I-601 Waivers of Inadmissibility
Advantages To You
It’s not what we do, it’s how we do it.
Our perspective on your international personnel allows you to maximize U.S. opportunities while mitigating operational risk.
Industry Knowledge & Practice
Our experience includes; energy, engineering, healthcare, technology, manufacturing
Our clients are from around the world, with operations throughout the U.S., but we never forget the state motto of Texas is “friendship.” Go on, Google it.
Our Core Values
Industry Experience Paired With Client Focus
1. Integrity—Honesty and trustworthiness.
2. Hardwork—We know how hard you work; we do too.
3. Cost-effectiveness—Our service meets or exceeds industry standards.
4. Creativity—What box?
5. Personal service—Texas friendly!