Employment Immigration Attorneys in Houston

We Can Help You To Work in the U.S.

Whether you are a foreign national seeking a visa to work in the U.S. or you are a representative of a U.S. company seeking to hire foreign nationals, you will need the services of an experienced immigration attorney. Attempting to obtain a visa without help from a lawyer can diminish your chances of success and leave you stuck with complicated paperwork, confusing applications, and a huge burden on your already busy day-to-day life.

At Fong Ilagan, we offer business immigration services to help clients obtain employment-based visas for themselves or employees. We can analyze, guide, file, and ensure compliance for the right visas for you or your key personnel. If you are eager to seek a means of employment in the United States and potentially obtain legal residency, there’s no better place to start than here at Fong Ilagan.

To learn more about how Fong Ilagan can help you obtain a work visa, give us a call. You can also contact us online.

Non-Immigrant Work Visas for Employment in the U.S.

Work visas that allow a foreign national to work temporarily in the U.S. are considered non-immigrant visas. There are a variety of temporary employment-based visas that you can apply for depending on your circumstances.

Some of the many non-immigrant employment-based visas we can help you apply for include:

    • H-1B: For certain highly skilled individuals in specialty occupations
    • H-2A: For temporary agricultural workers
    • H-2B: For temporary, seasonal, non-agricultural workers
    • L-1: For intra-company transfers
    • O-1: For individuals with “extraordinary ability”

Permanent Resident Work Visas

Lawful permanent residents are allowed to work and live in the U.S. permanently. You may seek a permanent employment visa whether or not you already have a temporary visa. Every fiscal year, there are approximately 140,000 employment-based immigrant visas available.

The five categories of this kind of visa include:

    1. EB-1: For individuals with extraordinary ability; recognized professors and researchers; and multinational managers and executives
    2. EB-2: For individuals who hold an advanced degree
    3. EB-3: For professionals and skilled workers
    4. EB-4: For “special immigrants” including certain religious workers, those who work in U.S. foreign service posts, retired employees of international organizations, and other specialty classes
    5. EB-5: For business investors who $1 million (or $500,000 in certain cases) in a commercial enterprise that employs at least 10 U.S. workers on a full-time basis

We look forward to assisting you with your work immigration needs. Please contact us today.

Immigration Services

Client Testimonials

“I’m so glad I chose this firm to handle my immigration cases.”

4/6:I’m so glad I chose this firm to handle my immigration cases. They always look for solutions, alternatives, and the best way to proceed.

“Fong Ilagan has successfully prepared and filed an HHS research waiver request”

9/7:Fong Ilagan has successfully prepared and filed an HHS research waiver request for reconsideration that has been approved for a highly accomplished physician researcher specializing in maternal fetal medicine who plays a critical research role on translational studies developing existing and new fetal interventional, surgical, and diagnostic procedures.

“Thank you so much for your support and hard work on my citizenship application process.”

9/1: One of our legal assistants just received this email from a client: I wanted to let you know that my citizenship interview went well yesterday. Thank you so much for your support and hard work on my citizenship application process. Thanks for always returning my calls. Your excellent communication has been an integral part of keep me calm during this gruesome process and I am grateful!

“Fong Ilagan successfully aided a prominent surgeon’s Iranian-born parents immigrate to the U.S.”

8/19: Fong Ilagan successfully aided a prominent surgeon’s Iranian-born parents immigrate to the U.S. on an I-130 visa after long COVID related delay.

Benefits of a U.S. Work Visa 

No matter what kind of employment-based visa you are in search of or already obtain, they guarantee you with certain rights and protections. Such rights including:

  • The right to keep your passport and other forms of identification in your possession
  • The right to request assistance from workers’ unions, labor rights organizations, and immigrants rights organizations 
  • The right to access to the U.S. judicial system and legal representation 

A work visa also eases the process of looking for residency. It determines your will to stay in the United States as this is essential in the rental or leasing process. 


What The Process Looks Like

The visa application can be done online and you will collect specific documents that will be needed at your interview. Interviews are required for applicants between the ages of 17 and 79. You can schedule an interview with the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Visa processing times may vary, but as soon as you receive it, you will be granted permission to enter the United States. You can extend your stay when you work in compliance with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).


Work with Fong Ilagan in Houston, TX

We understand it can be hard to determine which category of visa you or your prospective employees is best suited for your goals. Our employment-based immigration attorneys can help you make informed decisions and complete applications efficiently and effectively. Either way, our end goals are just the same as yours: to grant you access to the United States. We always look forward to assisting you with your work-based or employee-based immigration needs. Get started with us today.

Our Core Values

Industry Experience Paired With Client Focus

1. Integrity—Honesty and trustworthiness.

2. Hardwork—We know how hard you work; we do too.

3. Cost-effectiveness—Our service meets or exceeds industry standards.

4. Creativity—What box?

5. Personal service—Texas friendly!

Solutions Start Here. Contact Fong Ilagan Today.

    Our Office

    6588 Corporate Drive
    3rd Floor, Houston, TX 77036
    Map & Directions [+]

    Contact Our Firm
    (713) 772-2300

    Follow Us

    Articles - News