Whether you are a foreign national seeking a visa to work in the U.S. or you are a representative of a U.S. company seeking to hire foreign nationals, you will need the services of an experienced immigration attorney. Attempting to obtain a visa without help from a lawyer can diminish your chances of success and leave you stuck with complicated paperwork, confusing applications, and a big headache.
At Fong Ilagan, we offer immigration services to help clients obtain employment-based visas for themselves or employees. We can analyze, guide, file, and ensure compliance for the right visas for you or your key personnel.
Employment Visa Immigration Lawyers, Houston
Non-Immigrant Work Visas for Employment in the U.S.
Work visas that allow a foreign national to work temporarily in the U.S. are considered non-immigrant visas. There are a variety of temporary employment-based visas that you can apply for depending on your circumstances.
Some of the many non-immigrant employment-based visas we can help you apply for include:
- H-1B: For certain highly skilled individuals in specialty occupations
- H-2A: For temporary agricultural workers
- H-2B: For temporary, seasonal, non-agricultural workers
- L-1: For intra-company transfers
- O-1: For individuals with “extraordinary ability”
Permanent Resident Work Visas
Lawful permanent residents are allowed to work and live in the U.S. permanently. You may seek a permanent employment visa whether or not you already have a temporary visa. Every fiscal year, there are approximately 140,000 employment-based immigrant visas available.
The five categories of this kind of visa include:
- EB-1: For individuals with extraordinary ability; recognized professors and researchers; and multinational managers and executives
- EB-2: For individuals who hold an advanced degree
- EB-3: For professionals and skilled workers
- EB-4: For “special immigrants” including certain religious workers, those who work in U.S. foreign service posts, retired employees of international organizations, and other specialty classes
- EB-5: For business investors who $1 million (or $500,000 in certain cases) in a commercial enterprise that employs at least 10 U.S. workers on a full-time basis
Work with Fong Ilagan in Houston, TX
We understand it can be hard to determine which category of visa you or your prospective employees is best suited for your goals. Our employment-based immigration attorneys can help you make informed decisions and complete applications efficiently and effectively.
“Leading oil and gas distributor”
It was a pleasure working with Fong and associates. The attorneys and their staff were very helpful and prompt in replying to all our queries. We definitely recommend them to everyone. -Rozmin M.
“$400 million geotechnical services company”
“I find that the service provided by our friends at Fong & Associates is outstanding. I believe that is their business differentiator. They are great about spending the time explaining or clarifying issues and their level of knowledge on complex immigration cases is outstanding. We have been very successful and very satisfied when using the firm.” – Nick B
“Every issue or concern was addressed quickly”
“have been impressed with every member of this this firm. Every member of this firm was skilled and knowledgeable. Every issue or concern was addressed quickly. The personal attention that every person in this firm gave was a blessing. I recommend this firm to help you through both your family’s trying times and to answer your easy questions.” – Joseph F
“$3.6 billion USD, petroleum marine transport (Malaysia)”
I have always been very pleased with the level of service I receive from Fong & Associates. They often have an immediate answer to my question, but if not, they are timely in researching and getting back to me. I would highly recommend them to others for their immigration needs.” – Margot T.
Our Core Values
Industry Experience Paired With Client Focus
1. Integrity—Honesty and trustworthiness.
2. Hardwork—We know how hard you work; we do too.
3. Cost-effectiveness—Our service meets or exceeds industry standards.
4. Creativity—What box?
5. Personal service—Texas friendly!