For families in and out of the United States, immigration is a complicated matter that can be incredibly difficult to understand and navigate. At Fong Ilagan, we are passionate about uniting and reuniting families through immigration.
Green Card Petitions
Just one step short of citizenship, being a green card holder grants you permanent residency in the U.S. Green card holders are allowed to live and work permanently in the country.
To be eligible for a green card through family, you must:
- Be an immediate relative of a U.S. citizen – this includes spouses, unmarried children under age 21, and the parents of U.S. citizens age 21 and older
- Be related to a lawful permanent resident
- Be the fiancé of a U.S. citizen or the child of a U.S. citizen’s fiancé
- Be the widow(er) of a U.S. citizen
- Be a victim of battery or abuse who is the spouse or relative of a U.S. citizen
Applying for a green card is easier with the help of a Houston immigration attorney from Fong Ilagan. We can help you put together an application and overcome any roadblocks along the way.
K-1 Fiancé Visas
The K-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa given to the foreign-citizen fiancés of U.S. citizens. Individuals who are granted this visa are allowed to enter the U.S. and marry their U.S. citizen fiancé within 90 days. Once married, the K-1 visa holder may apply for permanent residency. Any children of the K-1 visa holder may also enter the U.S. with a K-2 visa.
In order to qualify for a K-1 visa, you must:
- Be legally able to marry at the time of filing
- Have met your fiancé in person within the last two years (with some exceptions)
- Have evidence of your relationship with the U.S. citizen sponsoring you
- Complete all necessary application paperwork
- Pay required application fees
If you are seeking a fiancé visa, our Houston immigration attorneys can help you understand the necessary steps in the application process. We can help you compile solid evidence and build a strong application.
Family Immigration Attorneys Houston Texas – Fong Ilagan
Immigration through Adoption
Intercountry adoption is a complex process that allows a U.S. citizen to adopt someone living in a foreign country.
USCIS offers three processes through which someone can immigrate to the U.S. on the basis of adoption:
- The Hague Process: Allows a U.S. citizen to adopt a child who lives in a country that is party to the Hague Intercountry Adoption Convention
- The Orphan Process: Allows a U.S. citizen to adopt a child who lives in a country that is not party to the Hague Intercountry Adoption Convention
- Immediate Relative Process: Allows a U.S. citizen to adopt a child under certain circumstances – the adoptive child or adult is considered an adopting parent’s child if he/she was adopted before turning 16 or if the adopting parent had legal and physical custody of the child for at least two years while the child was a minor
When it comes to intercountry adoption, every case varies widely and requires the careful attention of a skilled immigration attorney. The team at Fong Ilagan can assess your situation and determine which process is best suited for your family.
U.S. Consulate & Embassy Filings
Though most immigrant petitions are generally filed within the United States, individuals and families who are currently outside of the U.S. may still be able to file petitions through U.S. consulates and embassies. Our firm has extensive experience with these processes and can assist you with the necessary application, paperwork, and fee payments.
“Leading oil and gas distributor”
It was a pleasure working with Fong and associates. The attorneys and their staff were very helpful and prompt in replying to all our queries. We definitely recommend them to everyone. -Rozmin M.
“$400 million geotechnical services company”
“I find that the service provided by our friends at Fong & Associates is outstanding. I believe that is their business differentiator. They are great about spending the time explaining or clarifying issues and their level of knowledge on complex immigration cases is outstanding. We have been very successful and very satisfied when using the firm.” – Nick B
“Every issue or concern was addressed quickly”
“have been impressed with every member of this this firm. Every member of this firm was skilled and knowledgeable. Every issue or concern was addressed quickly. The personal attention that every person in this firm gave was a blessing. I recommend this firm to help you through both your family’s trying times and to answer your easy questions.” – Joseph F
“$3.6 billion USD, petroleum marine transport (Malaysia)”
I have always been very pleased with the level of service I receive from Fong & Associates. They often have an immediate answer to my question, but if not, they are timely in researching and getting back to me. I would highly recommend them to others for their immigration needs.” – Margot T.
Our Core Values
Industry Experience Paired With Client Focus
1. Integrity—Honesty and trustworthiness.
2. Hardwork—We know how hard you work; we do too.
3. Cost-effectiveness—Our service meets or exceeds industry standards.
4. Creativity—What box?
5. Personal service—Texas friendly!