Family Immigration Attorneys in Houston

Serving Families throughout the U.S. & Worldwide

For families in and out of the United States, immigration is a complicated matter that can be incredibly difficult to understand and navigate. At Fong Ilagan, we are passionate about uniting and reuniting families through immigration.

Seek our family immigration services by calling us at (713) 766-0556 or contacting us online.

Green Card Petitions

Just one step short of citizenship, being a green card holder grants you permanent residency in the U.S. Green card holders are allowed to live and work permanently in the country.

To be eligible for a green card through family, you must:

  • Be an immediate relative of a U.S. citizen – this includes spouses, unmarried children under age 21, and the parents of U.S. citizens age 21 and older
  • Be related to a lawful permanent resident
  • Be the fiancé of a U.S. citizen or the child of a U.S. citizen’s fiancé
  • Be the widow(er) of a U.S. citizen
  • Be a victim of battery or abuse who is the spouse or relative of a U.S. citizen

Applying for a green card is easier with the help of a Houston immigration attorney from Fong Ilagan. We can help you put together an application and overcome any roadblocks along the way.

K-1 Fiancé Visas

The K-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa given to the foreign-citizen fiancés of U.S. citizens. Individuals who are granted this visa are allowed to enter the U.S. and marry their U.S. citizen fiancé within 90 days. Once married, the K-1 visa holder may apply for permanent residency. Any children of the K-1 visa holder may also enter the U.S. with a K-2 visa.

In order to qualify for a K-1 visa, you must:

  • Be legally able to marry at the time of filing
  • Have met your fiancé in person within the last two years (with some exceptions)
  • Have evidence of your relationship with the U.S. citizen sponsoring you
  • Complete all necessary application paperwork
  • Pay required application fees

If you are seeking a fiancé visa, our Houston immigration attorneys can help you understand the necessary steps in the application process. We can help you compile solid evidence and build a strong application.

Immigration through Adoption

Intercountry adoption is a complex process that allows a U.S. citizen to adopt someone living in a foreign country.

USCIS offers three processes through which someone can immigrate to the U.S. on the basis of adoption:

  • The Hague Process: Allows a U.S. citizen to adopt a child who lives in a country that is party to the Hague Intercountry Adoption Convention
  • The Orphan Process: Allows a U.S. citizen to adopt a child who lives in a country that is not party to the Hague Intercountry Adoption Convention
  • Immediate Relative Process: Allows a U.S. citizen to adopt a child under certain circumstances – the adoptive child or adult is considered an adopting parent’s child if he/she was adopted before turning 16 or if the adopting parent had legal and physical custody of the child for at least two years while the child was a minor

When it comes to intercountry adoption, every case varies widely and requires the careful attention of a skilled immigration attorney. The team at Fong Ilagan can assess your situation and determine which process is best suited for your family.

U.S. Consulate & Embassy Filings

Though most immigrant petitions are generally filed within the United States, individuals and families who are currently outside of the U.S. may still be able to file petitions through U.S. consulates and embassies. Our firm has extensive experience with these processes and can assist you with the necessary application, paperwork, and fee payments.

We look forward to serving your family. Please call us at (713) 766-0556 to get started on your case.

Our Core Values

Industry Experience Paired with Client Focus
  1. Integrity—Honesty and trustworthiness.
  2. Hard-working—We know how hard you work; we do too.
  3. Cost effective—Our service meets or exceeds industry standards
  4. Creative Solutions—What box?
  5. Personal Service—Texas friendly!
Solutions Start Here. Contact Fong Ilagan Today.
  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
    Please enter your email address.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
    Please enter your phone number.
    You entered an invalid number.
  • Please select an option.
  • Please enter a message.