Permanent Residence Lawyers at Fong Ilagan

There are many different ways in which immigrants can gain permanent residency in the United States. The family law experts at Fong Ilagan are here to help you indicate which visa is best to help you receive a green card and to assist through each and every step of the process. The average processing time can take up to over a year. We understand that waiting this long is not always an ideal option for you or your family. With Fong Ilagan in the picture, we can work closely with you to ensure that your application qualifies and that you receive access to the United States in no time. 


Our Permanent Residence Services

Our legal services are encompassed around providing you with comprehensive filing and petitioning for residency in the United States. All the advising you’ll need for your case can be found at Fong Ilagan. Our services include:

  • Naturalization
  • In-person representation at green card interviews
  • EB-1-EB-4 visas
  • Green card through family reunification and sponsorship
  • Adjustment of status in the U.S.
  • Visa processing 

Permanent Residence Requirements

In order to be considered for permanent residence in the United States, you must be able to meet the following criteria:

  • Be eligible for one of the immigrant categories listed in the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA)
  • Have petition filed and approved for you
  • Have an immigrant visa immediately available
  • Granted admittance to the United States 

A lawyer at Fong Ilagan can go more into the specifics regarding requirements and eligibility for U.S. residency. 

If you are facing deportation, call our Houston immigration attorneys right away.

Your Rights

As a permanent resident of the United States, you are granted specific rights with respect to your status. Your rights include: 

  • Live permanently in the United States so long as you do not commit any crimes or actions that may remove you under immigration law
  • Work in the United States for any field of your choice
  • Be protected by all laws United States, your state of residency, and local jurisdictions. 

Green Card Assistance for Families and Individuals

Deportation is one of the worst things you can face, especially if you have aspired to move into the United States for a better life and opportunities. Our immigration attorneys are here to ensure that this doesn’t happen by assisting you in filing and petitioning for a green card. We can also attend your interview to help clarify any questions that the USCIS may ask of you. Your fate regarding your status residency may seem vague when you don’t have a professional by your side. With Fong Ilagan, you don’t have to go through the process alone. 

Reach out to us online or call Today.

Immigration Services

Client Testimonials

“Leading oil and gas distributor”

It was a pleasure working with Fong and associates. The attorneys and their staff were very helpful and prompt in replying to all our queries. We definitely recommend them to everyone. -Rozmin M.

“$400 million geotechnical services company”

“I find that the service provided by our friends at Fong & Associates is outstanding. I believe that is their business differentiator. They are great about spending the time explaining or clarifying issues and their level of knowledge on complex immigration cases is outstanding. We have been very successful and very satisfied when using the firm.” – Nick B

“Every issue or concern was addressed quickly”

“have been impressed with every member of this this firm. Every member of this firm was skilled and knowledgeable. Every issue or concern was addressed quickly. The personal attention that every person in this firm gave was a blessing. I recommend this firm to help you through both your family’s trying times and to answer your easy questions.” – Joseph F

“$3.6 billion USD, petroleum marine transport (Malaysia)”

I have always been very pleased with the level of service I receive from Fong & Associates. They often have an immediate answer to my question, but if not, they are timely in researching and getting back to me. I would highly recommend them to others for their immigration needs.” – Margot T.

FAQs About Permanent Residence And Green Cards


  • For how long can I travel outside of the U.S. after receiving my green card?
    As a permanent resident, you are free to travel outside of the U.S. for an unconditional amount of time. If it is determined, however, that you do not intend to make the U.S. your permanent home, you will be found to have abandoned your residence status.


  • Will I be eligible to work upon entering the United States on a green card?
    Upon entering the United States on a green card, you will require no further authorization from the USCIS to begin employment.


  • My spouse was granted conditional residence status? How can we adjust it to permanent?
    You and your spouse are required to file an I-751 Form with USCIS to have the conditional resident status removed. The form must be filed and submitted ninety days before the second anniversary of your spouse having been permitted into the United States.


  • What do I do if I’ve lost my green card?
    It is important that you get in touch with USCIS as soon as you have lost your green card in order to request a replacement.


Contact an Experienced and Trusted Lawyer Today

Whatever your case entails, you can place your trust in the team at Fong Ilagan. Our legal assistance is of the highest quality, always ready to serve you. Contact us today so we can address all your immigration-related questions and concerns. 


Permanent Residence in Houston

Our Core Values

Industry Experience Paired With Client Focus

1. Integrity—Honesty and trustworthiness.

2. Hardwork—We know how hard you work; we do too.

3. Cost-effectiveness—Our service meets or exceeds industry standards.

4. Creativity—What box?

5. Personal service—Texas friendly!

Solutions Start Here. Contact Fong Ilagan Today.

Our Office

6588 Corporate Drive
3rd Floor, Houston, TX 77036
Map & Directions [+]

Contact Our Firm
(713) 772-2300

Follow Us

Articles - News