In immigration law, a waiver is a sort of pardon for violating an immigration policy. In some instances, a waiver is granted automatically – in others, immigrants must apply for one. It takes a skilled and experienced immigration attorney to understand the various waivers that exist and how they can apply to specific immigration issues.
To ensure that your rights are protected and that your immigration status is safeguarded, it is important to work with a Houston immigration lawyer who knows the ins and outs of immigration waivers. At Fong Ilagan, we can apply our extensive experience and knowledge on this topic to help you achieve your goals and obtain the waiver you are seeking.
Types of Waivers
Immigration law is complex – sometimes, people violate policies without even realizing it. Regardless of your situation, a waiver can be extremely beneficial to you.
You may need a waiver if you:
- Were deported or removed from the country
- Stayed in the country past your visa expiration
- Were convicted of a crime
If something you did is preventing you from applying for a visa or entering the U.S., a waiver is a helpful option that can help you move on from the action and maintain or continue seeking immigration status.
Some of the many waivers we can help you obtain include:
- Waiver after prior removal: If you were deported from the country and want to apply for a visa before the mandatory waiting period, you can seek a waiver
- Waiver of unlawful presence: If you are currently in the U.S. illegally but are seeking an immigrant visa, certain individuals may apply for a waiver to avoid the mandatory waiting period
- Waiver of marijuana possession: If you were charged with or convicted of a marijuana-related crime, waivers are available to help you continue your pursuit of an immigrant visa or adjustment of status
- General waiver for nonimmigrants: Many nonimmigrants who are inadmissible for any reason may apply for a waiver
Quite often, even individuals who meet the basic requirements for a given waiver will need to show that they deserve the waiver. Our Houston immigration attorneys can take the time to understand your situation and tailor our services to help you seek and obtain a waiver.
Immigration Waiver Lawyers in Houston TX
“Leading oil and gas distributor”
It was a pleasure working with Fong and associates. The attorneys and their staff were very helpful and prompt in replying to all our queries. We definitely recommend them to everyone. -Rozmin M.
“$400 million geotechnical services company”
“I find that the service provided by our friends at Fong & Associates is outstanding. I believe that is their business differentiator. They are great about spending the time explaining or clarifying issues and their level of knowledge on complex immigration cases is outstanding. We have been very successful and very satisfied when using the firm.” – Nick B
“Every issue or concern was addressed quickly”
“have been impressed with every member of this this firm. Every member of this firm was skilled and knowledgeable. Every issue or concern was addressed quickly. The personal attention that every person in this firm gave was a blessing. I recommend this firm to help you through both your family’s trying times and to answer your easy questions.” – Joseph F
“$3.6 billion USD, petroleum marine transport (Malaysia)”
I have always been very pleased with the level of service I receive from Fong & Associates. They often have an immediate answer to my question, but if not, they are timely in researching and getting back to me. I would highly recommend them to others for their immigration needs.” – Margot T.
Our Core Values
Industry Experience Paired With Client Focus
1. Integrity—Honesty and trustworthiness.
2. Hardwork—We know how hard you work; we do too.
3. Cost-effectiveness—Our service meets or exceeds industry standards.
4. Creativity—What box?
5. Personal service—Texas friendly!